You need to try this fried rice, the secret is the Chinese sausage that we use for the fried that gives that special sweet taste that differs from other sausages.You can buy the Chinese sausages from local grocery like Cub food or Costco. You can also find them in Chinese grocery stores. Take a trip and visit a local Chinese grocery stores, it will be an adventure for you.
- ¼ low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 Tablespoon rice vieegar
- 3 tablespoon canola oil or veg. oil
- 4 ounces ground pork
- 3 small Chinese sausages (5 ounces), thinly sliced
- 3 scallions, white parts minced and gree parts sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 hot red chile, seeded and minced
- 4 cups cold cooked jasmine rice or other long grain rice ( brain rice can be used too )
- ¼ cup cilantro leaves
- ¼ cup finely diced fresh pineapples
In a small bowl, whisk the soy sauce with the hoisin and vinegar. Heat a wok or large skillet. Add the oil and heat until smoking. Add the pork and Chinese sausages and cook over high heat, stirring, until the pork is lightly browned , about 2 minutes. Add the minced scallion whites, ginger, garlic and chile and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the rice, breaking up any lumps with you hands as you add it to the wok, and stir-fry until heated through and lightly browned in spots. Stir the hoisin-soy sauce, add it to the wok and stir-fry until nearly absorbed, about 2 minutes. Stir in the scallion green, cilantro and pineapples. Transfer the fried rice to bowl or half of the pineapple shell.