Serves: 7-8, Prep: 15 min, Cook: 35 min, Total: 50 min
(These can easily be reheated in a skillet with a little oil)
- 1 pound grated sweet potatoes
- 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 egg, beaten (Vegan substitute: Ener-G Egg Replacer—potato & tapioca starch)
- 2 T. flour (Gluten free flours: rice, sorghum, quinoa, teff plus many others)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF. Coat one baking sheet with cooking spray or line with foil.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Drop by quarter-cupfuls onto the baking sheets. Flatten with a spatula.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Flip and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
Courtesy of Rodale Healthy Recipe Finder.
Good discussion of gluten-free flours: http://glutenfreemommy.com/glu...our-blend/